• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expansion Launched

Way too much to list here. See the following links:

-Expansion Notes
    -Expansion Presentation

Re: Expansion Launched

This sounds really awesome, I can't wait!

Lots of PvE changes, but there are some definitely some subtle changes that will be a positive affect PvP, I hope.

Comment

Trammel patch!

123128318 shiney monster/environment updates

2 mage nerfs

1 heal buff

fail +1281 -1 = failfailfail

Only thing they forgot is making it so Woodcutting increases Axe dmg by 40%

Comment

it's been said for quite some time that this is mostly a PvE patch, hopefully this mean that people will actually be out in the world instead of concentrated in player cities or at 5-6 profitable spawns.

on the DF forums people are reporting that rare drops have been significantly increased, astrolabes and orb of dominion (rares to build boats and warhulks) are dropping from high end mobs regularly now so we can expect to see more of those in the near future.

Comment

Any of you guys in yet? What do you think? I'm still stuck at work. :(

Comment

WoF and rays desperately needed a change, I honestly wouldn't consider it a "mage nerf"

The healing changes are awesome and definitely much needed

The village changes are really nice, the window of opportunity is a lot more specific since they will only be going vulnerable twice a day rather than four times a day. Hopefully this will mean more small scale fights occurring for capturing villages.

Loot balancing is always great, I always liked how in Shadowbane it was far easier to farm gold/items and the more Darkfall goes in that direction the better. Quicker/easier PvE means more PvP opportunity's. And as daf mentioned, all these new mobs/spawns/dungeon changes are going to help populate more areas so PvP isn't limited to just a few hotspots and player cities.

Optimization tweaks for large scale battles is always a good thing too.

All around I'm really pleased with this patch and I'm looking forward to DF2010 which will have some serious PvP balance changes.

Anyone not playing Darkfall should seriously check it out, it's easier now than ever to start a new character with some of the changes introduced in this patch.

Comment

If it's not a decrease in mage capabilities what is it then? An improvement? ok

Comment

after playing the patch the ray change nerfed mages much more than i anticipated, the .5 seconds is a lot longer than it sounds on paper.

every duel/group fight we had boiled down to using range ONLY to push melee.

Comment

So let's all go Destro and gimp people in the backs for 70 dmg like true elitists

Comment

This patch has a lot of things that I'm happy about but I am disappointed with the over-all focus.

WE NEED MORE EVENTS AND MORE PVP CENTRIC CONTENT!

Comment

One really annoying thing for me is when I cast a ray I can't cast ANY spell after wards until I wait like 2 seconds. It' s like the global ray cooldown is affecting ALL my spells not just rays. Fairly gay. Game is even more sluggish and unresponsive than it was before.

Comment

upgrade time nigga

Comment

Originally posted by Deja
                          Anyone not playing Darkfall should seriously check it out, it's easier now than ever to start a new character with some of the changes introduced in this patch.
                          define... easier

Comment

we did all the work to figure out how to grind, now all ur lazy fat ass has to to is get the game. ya fuck

Comment

Working...
                            X