When Reality Comes Crashing In...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Reality Comes Crashing In...

OPP has been playing the Survival MMO Atlas since launch. A few weeks ago we decided to join an alliance under the name Discord. We made this decision based on a few simple factors:
    1. They gave us weapons, ships, and promised an endless supply as long as we help protect them
    2. They gave us a prebuilt base
    3. They had a 24/7 player base to defend during Chinese prime time

Now I’m going to go down a rabbit hole and explain the “Chinese zerg” for anyone who doesn’t know. Skip down 2 paragraphs if you’ve ever played an MMO that allows Asian connections because you already know this part. The reality of any persistent game with asset destruction is that a anti-competitive, hateful and racially motivated Chinese zerg is a HUGE threat to the survival of the game. Not the survival of any single group, but the survival of the game. They will go through during off hours and specifically target people who are not online to defend their stuff for the purpose of ruining the game for them. This makes them very different from most NA, EU, and other Oceanic based groups that will fight each other and generally only burn things down as part of competitive wars. Most people don't think it's very fun to bash down buildings.

We first ran into this nearly 20 years ago when our long time ally DF back stabbed us because we were not Chinese and another Chinese guild was fighting us. Then we saw the systematic destruction of every server in Shadowbane. On and on this behavior has carried on in every game since then. It’s like everyone else is competing and playing for fun and the Chinese think they are fighting WW3 online in video games. I’ll leave judgements and explanations for someone else. I’m just stating the facts because it's very relevant here.

So…all of that said, 24/7 protection is probably the most important factor when choosing allies. So it’s pretty appealing when a group has that and offers you anything you want to join them and be their PvP force. So we joined Discord and it’s important to explain what we were given in regards to access. They made us admins of their Discord (the chat) and admins of Discord (the in game guild)…yah stupid confusing name right – change your name please. They also promised to consult us if any additional guilds were going to be added or allied. So we did our thing killing everyone they asked us to for a few weeks. Typical drunken OPP pirating idiocy and good times ensued.

It became very clear that Discord was becoming a Chinese puppet. We voiced our concern with this and were shut out of leadership decisions as a result. They also never delivered on a galleon they promised us so it had become clear that these guys were at least partially full of shit. Bottom-line, OPP has never and will never contribute to the destruction of a game. I describe OPP as a competitive gaming family because that’s truly what we are. So on Thursday we left the alliance. Knowing that Discord could try to fuck us over we didn’t tell them until we were gone.

We could have deleted everything out of their discord (chat) and gone crazy on their assets in game. We did not. Many of you are thinking – “WTF why not…did I stumble onto another site, I thought this was OPP?” The truth is actually pretty funny and simple – it wasn’t worth the planning and effort to fuck them over. Discord deserved to have all their shit wrecked and in retrospect we probably should have systematically fucked them over. But what actually happened on Thursday night was a couple of our Elders sailed our stuff away and the rest of us went to sleep…

We heard Friday night that we were being blamed for destroying a bunch of stuff and sinking the Discord alliance’s main ship. It’s funny because we have a proud history of fucking over anti-competitive idiots. To be honest, I thought about taking credit for it but I couldn’t do that. Rumor is that another guild that was part of the discord lliance; Sinister did it. They are also an old-school guild with a proud history so I’m sure they had a good reason to do what they did. Even if they just did it to mess with them they deserve props. The video is pretty funny.

Nice Die.

One of Discord's leaders - Maljin has been spamming our Elders and posting all over the internet since this happened. In his most recent message to Donk he totally let the cat out of the bag:

Are you confused? I never threaten you. I distinctly told you I was going to sit back and watch. Take some ownership Donk. I made peace with you, and afterward it was YOUR player that sent us proof of the attack. He dumped prob around 2-3 galleons worth of shit and sunk our very first galleon. So explain to me how the fuck you can act like we did u wrong? YOUR GUY did us dirty YOUR GUY sent us the proof. Why would I think that was a Sinister guy? For all I know it was you on a alt acct. I have no clue which one of you did it, but it was YOUR man that boasted about it. It makes you sound goofy to keep saying that and make so many mistakes in this game. You don’t do grimy shit deny it and send us the proof that’s just stupid. Now I admit I made some mistakes like trusting your group, but at least I didn’t piss off 3000 Chinese players. They ALL hate you and will kill all of you on sight. The sad thing about it is you dragged another probably innocent Company to your death. How long until they are tired of the baggage you bring? How long before they get tired of getting their shit pushed in? Your to far for me to really do anything and I don’t have to.

News flash retard - The Chinese zerg already attacks anyone that's not Chinese on site.

I'm sure there will be more to come on this...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jackal; 01-12-2019, 03:20 PM.

What a dick this guy is... The standing desk chairs are very beneficial for spine health which is unbearable. haha
    Last edited by Hazell; 03-12-2024, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X